Amongst her inspiring posts, she blogs about the island life. My heart remains tucked away on the Hawaiian island of Maui, where I found my husband (or should I say, where he found me?) some dozen (or so) years ago. From Maui, the best version of me exists, where my life, as I know it now truly began.
Though we have lived all over the United States (Santa Fe, New Mexico (current, as of this post); San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, California; Manhattan, New York; Kansas City, Kansas; Portland, Oregon; Seattle, Washington), both our babies were born on the Hawaiian Islands. I like to lovingly joke that we mimic turtle behavior - back to the islands to give birth.
Thank you, Tachi, fellow island goddess, for recognizing me. I am humbled and delighted that we are connected and have so much in common.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions (The new questions for my nominees are at the bottom of this post).
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. The logo is also below.
The 11 inspiring questions asked of me are the following:
1. What does blogging mean to you?
I had no idea when I started, but blogging is all-encompassing. To be a good blogger I must be able to express myself in a way that is honest, true and grammatically correct! It is also the ability to harness my talents and skills, drawing from education, insight, story-telling, training, and transferable skills. I must be skillful at marketing, graphics and agile with time management. As with everything, blogging is yet another microcosm of my life. What I discover about myself through the process of blogging, and the relationship I have with myself has been, thus far, invaluable. I get so much out of sharing what is swimming around my consciousness, not only that blogging is an outlet, I get feedback from the community that affirms my experience. I am grateful to be able to connect with others who resonate with the materials that come to me and through me. To me, blogging is a way to speak my heart, to develop community and to connect with others who resonate with me.
2. If your life were a movie what would you call it and why?
The title of my movie is “The Road Home.” I believe that everything in life that happens TO us, happens THROUGH us, and so it happens FOR us. In that regard, everything in my life is a siren’s call for me to wake up and come back home to myself, where my heart lives.
Absolutely everything is an educational forum. In this process of returning home to my highest, most noble self, I get to realize what truly is meaningful and important to me: to live a life free of regrets; a life filled with the embrace of all that’s awesome: the love of family, friends and the exuberance that each moment life can bring.
3. What is your ideal way to relieve stress?
Sweet peace and quiet. I go to my happy place - which is underwater (Literal, or in a meditative state). I am witnessing the life of fish - either via scuba diving or snorkeling. It is truly blissful and relaxing to not speak, but to be captivated by simply observing the grace that is.
4. What would be your dream job?
I have my dream job: being a mom to 2 precious Ones, working from home alongside my Love as a blogger and entrepreneur.
5. If you won $10,000 how would you spend it?
It would be all about the kids - I would invest it in their education to assure they have what they need to succeed.
6. Who is your celebrity crush?
I grew up in Los Angeles, and so celebrities are just like normal people to me. I’m not sure I have one. ;-/
7. What are three things that you are grateful for?
My health, my loving family, and my blessed life.
8. What brings you joy?
Little things: the look of sheer bliss on my kids face at Christmas morning. The happy dance my husband does when he closes an account, the tender snuggle of a pet, the simplicity of listening to the voices of my children talking to one another.
9. If you could rid the world of one injustice, what would it be?
This one is a hard one to answer. I honestly feel there is so much injustice in the world - heartbreak everywhere!! We live in such a dynamic time, and although there is so much goodness at play, it seems that there is always something peeking around the corner to negate the good. I keep the faith, however, that with every injustice, there is an opportunity for great good to come. If I could rid one injustice, and just one, it would be to stripe the divisiveness that comes from religion. There is so much goodness, beauty and love that arises from each culture’s religious beliefs, and yet, in the stuckness of the “I am right and you are wrong,” place, injustice runs rampant. Throughout human history, wars have been fought, battles raged on in the name of religion. I think this is the most tragic injustice done unto men, by men.
10. Share your favorite blog post and what did you enjoy most about writing it?
My favorite post I’ve written is titled: The Nasty Reptile: How AggressionLives in You and What You Need to Know
I am all for positivity, as I believe that life begins with the mind. However, I do not believe in burying my head in the sand, to pretend that there isn’t a shadow side of life. This blog is against the grain for me but it is the 1st of the many to come that (I hope) will help others harness their personal power and understand that life truly is consciousness. Life begins with self-awareness — and it will meet us at our level of consciousness.
That is why I believe presence is so important. If I can lovingly embrace all of that which is within me, own it and not push it away, I can live a life that is truly integrated: body, mind, and spirit.
This concept of body, mind, and spirit would not simply be a series of words or marketing jargon. Rather, the integration of these concepts within me would be the unyielding experience of what being human is like - in my own circumstance, from my perspective, gender, upbringing, and condition. The experience of life is a gift and I intend to not squander it by retreating when it is difficult, but by embracing, with the deep compassion of what it’s like to overcome adversity, strife, and hardship.
11. What is your dream vacation destination?
My husband and I at first, jokingly proclaim, that "we shall live a vacation lifestyle - laid back, unencumbered and always enjoying ourselves.” Over the years, the vision still holds true. Part of the reason why we have lived in so many places is that we consider them to be extended vacations, with a total immersion experience of each locale’s culture. I consider my life as a dream vacation, even when challenges arise.
* * * * * *
Whew, Tachi!! I had no idea that these questions would incite so much passion within. It was also fun to reflect and share.
Thank you for the honor of being nominated and for the opportunity to speak whats on my heart.
In humble gratitude, Evelyn
* * * * *
I nominate the following amazing bloggers.
Please visit their sites and show them some love by either sharing their posts and/or commenting on them.
- Lucy Smith :: www.succeednow.co.uk
- Amber Ulrich :: http://lifesanamazingdance.com/
- Zara Kruska Vargues :: https://livingalifeoflove.com
- Lam Bam :: http://www.lambamsworld.com/
- Ram Ramelle Carter :: http://www.ramelle.site
- Beverly Millard :: https://bumbleflydesigns.com
- Debbie Bartsch :: https://cravingimprovements.com
- Melanie Buha-DeMerchant :: https://liveselflovelaugh.com/
- Katie Danneffel :: http://www.katiegini.com
- Isaac-Natalya Cavazos :: http://www.blissfulpursuits.com
- Alyssa Veech :: https://thesimplysereneblog.com
The following eleven (11) questions are for my nominees.
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- How long have you been blogging and what is the greatest lesson you’ve learned from it so far?
- Who do you lean on for support when it comes to you & your blogging (either emotionally, technically, financially, or otherwise?)
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
- Which one of your post is your favorite? Share title, link and your thinking behind it.
- Who is your forever favorite person and why?
- Tell us why you blog. Who is it REALLY for?
- Do you have your blog schedule worked out in advance, or do you work on inspiration with a deadline?
- Do you tend to listen more to your head or your heart when you write your blogs? Tell us more about that...
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD NOMINEES:
See Sunshine Blogger Award Rules noted above. After you compose your blog post answering the 11 questions for you above, kindly come back to this post, and comment below with the following 2 things so we can all be inspired by your blogging journey and story!
- Share your blog URL when you answer these 11 questions (and pay it forward)
- What did you get out of this? How do you feel?
Look forward to connecting and reading your posts!! Namaste & a bientot! (See you soon' in French)